Many chocolates have high levels of Lead, Cadmium, and other heavy metals.
You are better off to consider some other alternatives for gifts.
Consumer reports tested 28 chocolate bars, and found all 28 had some levels of these heavy metals; and most of the bars had levels higher than what is considered safe. Some of the products were overly high for both Lead and Cadmium.
Chocolate Bars Safe Enough to Gift
Here are the 5 bars they found that were safer (but each still has some):
- Mast Organic Dark Chocolate 80% Cocoa
- Taza Chocolate Organic Deliciously Dark Chocolate 70% Cacao
- Ghirardelli Intense Dark Chocolate 85% Cacao
- Ghirardelli Intense Dark Chocolate Twilight Delight 72% Cacao
- Valrhona Abinao Dark Chocolate 85% Cacao
For the complete article, and the lists of bars with high levels of Lead and Cadmium, visit Consumer Reports.
Even better, consider other kinds of gifts for your employees and coworkers. Chocolate may not be the best choice right now!
Here are Some Gift Alternatives.
Click here to see over 200,000 gift ideas!